This is a question I get from EVERYONE. My followers ask me frequently, my friends think I’m crazy, and people at restaurants think I’m super annoying. But the truth is once you start eating this way, you’ll feel so great you won’t want to eat any other way.
Tips to Transitioning:
1. Ditch the Junk- Meaning literally get it out your house. Take everything that will possibly tempt you and get it out the house. Don’t throw it away obviously, bring it to a homeless shelter or a friend. If you can’t do this because maybe it’s your roommate’s food or family’s food, well you shouldn’t be eating their food anyways right?
2. GO COLD TURKEY! I MEAN THIS! You will not regret starting your new lifestyle with a Whole 30, or The Primal Blueprint Challenge. This will jumpstart your weight loss and new healthy life like you CAN’T even imagine. And then from there it will only get easier.
3. Don’t be afraid of Fat. Our bodies can run off of carbs or fat, you go ahead and pick. Some people can handle different amounts of carbs then others, and this is very dependent on your genetics and your activity level. Others should stick to FAT. Yes FAT. I’m talking avocados, olive oil, grass fed meat, seafood, EGGS (yolk too please), coconut oil, etc. etc. These are all acceptable ones.
4. Think about your health and your goals. I understand when people think that this diet seems extreme and some may believe its all “moderation”. And of course I believe in a treat here and there (paleo style :), I think sometimes people forget that they ARE literally what they eat. Your body will respond very well to good food, and not so well to the not so good food. Realize that this change of diet can change your health for the rest of your life.
5. Expect a rough first two weeks. Although I didn’t experience this myself because I went from gluten free to paleo which was not so difficult. Many people experience some fatigue and other withdrawl symptoms. Your body may have been relying heavily on carbs to get through the day, and now it must change its energy source. When you get through this slump I promise you you will feel great. I wake up with full energy and it lasts all day. And I only eat two meals a day, not 4,5,6, or 7… I don’t need to because my body runs on FAT.
6. Find a motivation. Why do you want this in the first place? Write it down. Read it to yourself everyday. Find a buddy to text and say is this a good meal? Is this okay to eat? Look at paleo blogs online and read their stories. If you ever need someone to talk to, text, email, that’s why I’m here. This is my passion, and I believe it works. Actually I know it works.
Start today, start eating cleaner, healthier better. It will benefit you in ways you can’t even imagine